Friday, February 4, 2011

Stressful Stress

Heloopp Tomatoes.

It has been so long since i last wrote. Sorry :(

Before i write any further, here are some recaps of what I've been up to this recent weeks of my absence from Blogging. (not that u care but wth)

1. I'm doing my practical training in Subang Jaya, at a company called Mypartners Sdn Bhd. Basically i do PR and some Event marketing. It is AWESOME. Fabulous colleagues.

2. Lost my laptop to robbers. Almost half of my Photo collection is lost. My mistake of not doing back-ups.

3. I'm on my Final Year Project. All the research and stuffs. FUN.

4. Spend time with my kitten- Kopi (stop jumping on my keyboard, plz)

5. Part time nurse for my dad who recently hospitalized for High Blood Pressure. (Damn you kari kambing!)


Honestly, I have no witty things in mind to share. But i feel like writing before the spiders come in and start to have webs in here.

Anyway, i want to write something personal. (jeng jeng jeng)
No lah, actually I just want to talk about STRESS.

One of my tasks as an intern is to monitor newspaper for current events and business opportunities, therefore, every morning, I get to read English n Malay papers. I can say that most of the things that I found in the newspapers these days are Murder cases, Suicide, Child & animal Abuse, and ofcoz, Malaysian favourite- Divorced celebrities (Pfft).

I guess the only common reason that could caused such things is a monster called STRESS. Demanding career and lifestyle can give huge unbearable impact on one's mind and body which in the end contributes to negative actions- like suicide, or killing an innocent child, or slamming a brown poodle that cant stand on his hind legs (WTF).

There are two kinds of Stress, which are-
Bad stress and Good Stress.

Good Stress: it is a motivating factor. Stress is the initiative
that allows us to accomplish tasks, set goals, and create projects.

Bad Stress: it is actually called distress because it connotes a strain,
or too much demand on the body or mind. This distress can be caused
by, or exasperated in, times of loss, transition, and change.


If I may suggest, if you feel like you are experiencing chronic stress (which means, an extreme pressure or a pressure that you cannot handle), do talk to someone (as a first helpful step). It's important for you to let it out. Or if you don't feel like sharing it with anyone, just write it down somewhere. Expressing your thoughts is a healthy thing to do. As for the Muslims, we can always 'talk' to Him :)


To my fellow young readers, we are the next in line of becoming parents, bosses, politicians and celebrities. (some of us are already a boss, a parent, a politician and superstars). Therefore, do avoid unthoughtful actions that could damage ourselves or the people around us. One of the ways to do that is by controlling our stress. Set a realistic goals in our lives and strive to achieve it, do not put too much pressure on our mind and body as it is the greatest gift that God has ever given.



Btw, here's a new guy on Youtube. He's awesome. Have fun watching his videos. Reduce your bad stress by watching him.
Shout out to Anwar Hadi: Wohoo! keep it up!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...